More Rumours Surface That Next iPad Mini Will Have a High-Res Display

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Dec 14, 2012.

By Maura on Dec 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

With the iPad mini already seeming to be a great success, Apple must surely be already planning the next iPad mini, and must be aware that many are saying that the only thing the tiny wonder lacks is a Retina display, or high-resolution equivalent. Now, according to a report in DigiTimes, as noted by AppleInsider, sources in the backlighting industry are saying that the next iPad mini will indeed have a higher resolution display, most likely an HiDPI display. As AppleInsider notes, if these rumours are accurate, then the next iPad mini will have a display resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels, which would actually have a higher density than that of the full-size iPad, with its ppi of 264, because of the difference in the screen sizes of the two devices. The same sources also said that the fourth-gen, full-sized iPad will move from having dual light bars in its LED backlighting system, to just one light bar, for the purposes of making the iPad even slimmer and lighter than it is currently. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Rumor: Next-gen iPad mini to boast high-resolution display
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Dec 14, 2012.

1. AQ_OC
      That mini will also need to have a faster processor too, and hopefully more memory.

I wrote to apple to request that they not make the mini a second tier device, as they seem to enjoy doing with the iPod Touch...IMO, that should be the same as the iPhone without the phone, but then again, if the intended audience is kids, then this isn't so bad. But an iPad is different....IMO, an iPad is, by definition, a professional level device.

But I'm not Apple and they could screw this up. :)
    2. tlbaker
      What's the difference between an iPhone and an iPod touch other than voice?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD
    3. ardchoille
      I thought the iPhone was iPod touch + cellular capabilities.
    4. tlbaker
      That's what I thought. Someone said they were different.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF
    5. Kaykaykay
      More or less. Cheaper cuts and rear camera in touch, for example:

iPhone 5 vs. iPod touch 5G
    6. mrcupu
      i think i read somewhere the only reason that mini doesnt have retina display is because its physical size well hopefully the rumor in that article comes true :ipad-keyboard:
    7. Deanp
      DigiTimes has been accurate since the iPad 3 release. 2 iPads (3,4) in 1 year, iPad mini, iPhone 5 to have 4" display.
      If DigiTimes is telling the truth about this, we could see some phenomenal sales in Apple's financial results.

I'm guessing Apple opt out the Retina display for the iPad mini is because of sacrifices and cost. It was a good move for them.

8. AQ_OC
      Slower processor, less ram, weaker camera. It's second Tier because it is aimed at kids, which is fine and makes sense. But I'm saying this doesn't make sense for the mini.
    9. s2mikey
      The mini should have had all of these things in the first place but the product was a tad rushed out, IMO. That's great that they are working on it but at the price point it was being sold at there was no reason to have left all that out. Oh well, I'm a full sized iPad guy so i don't care either way.