What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Rumours Surface That Next iPad Mini Will Have a High-Res Display

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_mini_4.JPG

With the iPad mini already seeming to be a great success, Apple must surely be already planning the next iPad mini, and must be aware that many are saying that the only thing the tiny wonder lacks is a Retina display, or high-resolution equivalent. Now, according to a report in DigiTimes, as noted by AppleInsider, sources in the backlighting industry are saying that the next iPad mini will indeed have a higher resolution display, most likely an HiDPI display. As AppleInsider notes, if these rumours are accurate, then the next iPad mini will have a display resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels, which would actually have a higher density than that of the full-size iPad, with its ppi of 264, because of the difference in the screen sizes of the two devices. The same sources also said that the fourth-gen, full-sized iPad will move from having dual light bars in its LED backlighting system, to just one light bar, for the purposes of making the iPad even slimmer and lighter than it is currently. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Rumor: Next-gen iPad mini to boast high-resolution display

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That mini will also need to have a faster processor too, and hopefully more memory.

I wrote to apple to request that they not make the mini a second tier device, as they seem to enjoy doing with the iPod Touch...IMO, that should be the same as the iPhone without the phone, but then again, if the intended audience is kids, then this isn't so bad. But an iPad is different....IMO, an iPad is, by definition, a professional level device.

But I'm not Apple and they could screw this up. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That mini will also need to have a faster processor too, and hopefully more memory.

I wrote to apple to request that they not make the mini a second tier device, as they seem to enjoy doing with the iPod Touch...IMO, that should be the same as the iPhone without the phone, but then again, if the intended audience is kids, then this isn't so bad. But an iPad is different....IMO, an iPad is, by definition, a professional level device.

But I'm not Apple and they could screw this up. :)

What's the difference between an iPhone and an iPod touch other than voice?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's the difference between an iPhone and an iPod touch other than voice?

I thought the iPhone was iPod touch + cellular capabilities.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I thought the iPhone was iPod touch + cellular capabilities.

That's what I thought. Someone said they were different.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think i read somewhere the only reason that mini doesnt have retina display is because its physical size well hopefully the rumor in that article comes true :ipad-keyboard:

Deanp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DigiTimes has been accurate since the iPad 3 release. 2 iPads (3,4) in 1 year, iPad mini, iPhone 5 to have 4" display.
If DigiTimes is telling the truth about this, we could see some phenomenal sales in Apple's financial results.

I'm guessing Apple opt out the Retina display for the iPad mini is because of sacrifices and cost. It was a good move for them.

D

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mini should have had all of these things in the first place but the product was a tad rushed out, IMO. That's great that they are working on it but at the price point it was being sold at there was no reason to have left all that out. Oh well, I'm a full sized iPad guy so i don't care either way.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mini should have had all of these things in the first place but the product was a tad rushed out, IMO. That's great that they are working on it but at the price point it was being sold at there was no reason to have left all that out. Oh well, I'm a full sized iPad guy so i don't care either way.

Nonsense. There is nothing rushed about this device. It is a bottom up redesign for an iPad. And there is plenty of reason why there was no retina screen...it's called technological limitations. We have discussed this before.

If you don't care, then why bother to peck out words?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i think i read somewhere the only reason that mini doesnt have retina display is because its physical size well hopefully the rumor in that article comes true :ipad-keyboard:

Its because apple wants you to buy both devices, hence all the incremental updates every 2 weeks on all their products. They want to own our bank accounts lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Slower processor, less ram, weaker camera. It's second Tier because it is aimed at kids, which is fine and makes sense. But I'm saying this doesn't make sense for the mini.

This was great, thank you!! I feel that I get the best of both worlds by owning an iPhone 4 and iPod touch 5. I have a classic but w o iTunes you can't add or update music and my PC is not working right now so I can't plug it in. I've been drooling over iPod touch since 2007 but opted for the extra storage of the classic and already had a blackberry at the time with no wifi, and I didn't need another PDA.

Maybe when iPhone 6 comes out I will upgrade. I can't anyway until next month.

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the iPad mini with retina, vibrating sub woofer, 40 hour battery, wireless charging, 3D surround, and built in expresso machine, then I will think about an upgrade..

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Nonsense. There is nothing rushed about this device. It is a bottom up redesign for an iPad. And there is plenty of reason why there was no retina screen...it's called technological limitations. We have discussed this before.

If you don't care, then why bother to peck out words?

I did say a tad rushed out. It does jive that they wanted it available well before Christmas. It's not a knock on it, just observing what's there. And, the technological limitation can't be much of a hindrance if they have it in the works as we speak. Probably a cost savings move so they could come in under $350 or something. Didn't mean this to be overly derogatory or anything.....?????

Most reactions

Latest posts