What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Details for The iPad Pro 12.9-Inch Revealed and Launch Pushed to September

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipadpro-and-other-ipads.jpg

We have a cool double-story regarding the 12.9-inch iPad Pro for you guys on this fine light news Thursday. The first part is that the device has likely had its reveal date pushed back to September. Bloomberg had this to say,

Production of the 12.9-inch-screen iPad is now scheduled to start around September because of delays involving the supply of display panels, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the details aren’t public. Apple had initially planned to begin making the larger version this quarter, people familiar those plans had said.

For those of us excited by the prospect of a larger iPad, this is sad news. Still, at least they can make sure they work out all the features first.

Speaking of features, our next part to the story is a new feature leak for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The Wall Street Journal reports that the iPad Pro will actually come with USB 3.0 Ports. That is the first time an iPad product has come with a non-proprietary data/charging port. Supposedly, Apple is even considering adding ports for connecting keyboards and mice.

Woa! That's definitely outside the norm! Still, it makes sense if Apple wants this to compete with more traditional laptops. What do you think?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
USB ports? Wow. A total disregard for the walled-garden. ;)

Will this require a separate version of iOS that handles such things? I mean, they'll need some type of file manager for this, right?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think all the smoke means that Apple probably is working on a larger tablet, at least a prototype. This should surprise no one. Apple does a lot of research on a lot of products. The extra smoke probably means they've gotten pretty serious about a larger tablet.

However, the actual features and when such a tablet will hit the market are only rumors. Something that would be barely news, if it were any company but Apple.

But I do hope. A larger tablet with an excellent pen option appeals to the doodler in me. It also fits well with how I've been using my iPad since the iPhone 6 Plus; mostly at home instead of taking it with me.

Most reactions

Latest posts