1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Moon cycles app...?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stephen19, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Stephen19

Stephen19 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would anyone know of an app that would add moon cycles directly into your ipad calendar...?
    Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks
    S

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    I don't know about any apps, but:

Do you use Google Calendars? And are you set up as an Exchange account so that you can display multiple calendars?

Google Mail as Exchange
    Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

If yes, then you can do it, though it isn't pretty. Each phase will show up as an all day event, not a nice picture of the moon.

Open your Google calendar in a browser. On the left there is a section that is for Other Calendars. Click on the Add link just below and choose Browse Interesting Calendars. Select the More tab and subscribe to Phases of the Moon. Go back to the calendar and pick a color you like. {Surprisingly this time my colors on the iPad actually matched. They didn't used to.}

Now go to m.google.com/sync on your iPad, select your device and check the Phases of the Moon calendar to sync. Save.

That is all there is too it. When you open Calendar on the iPad it might take a minute or two for the new calendar to show up. It's just a text description of the phase and a time, but it's something.

I'm pretty sure it is possible with MobileMe too, but the Google calendar method looks like the better, easier, choice for setup. It all depends on being able to subscribe to a calendar, and there is no direct way of doing this on me.com.
  3. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    there is an app"dockclock", shows time, weather, temp and even moon phase.
  4. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    If all else fails, you can still get a GREAT app called "Moon Phase" that I use. I'm an astronomer and this is one of the BEST apps for Moon phases and cycles. Has lots of great features with information relating to specific dates/phases and includes a calendar of phases. Really nice to look at, too. I use it all the time.

As for embedding Moon phases in my calendar, I use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for all of my email needs (I have Outlook on my desktop PC) and an Outlook Moon phases add-in (free), which is synched across to my iPad.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
  5. Stephen19

Stephen19 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks all, will check them all out. I also have google cal and have subscribed to some other cals, like, UK holidays already, so know how that works Poet.
    S

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  6. AlanC

AlanC iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon

There is an app called "Moon." that can add full and new moons to your calendar.