What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monitoring kids activities

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the best tools to use to monitor my kids activities on the ipad? They are 6 and 7 year old girls and each have their own pad. Should I set up separate emails or have one common email for the family?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Enable parental controls. Monitoring, tracking and sphere-related use/mods explicitly are borderline grey-to-black area and illegal without regards to intentions by federal law. With parental control and restrictions, you can limit the content accessible to them. No need to worry about sudden surges in credit card uses

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

OP
E

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I set up a common email for all of us or one per child? I can't give them their own Apple ID because of age limits.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should I set up a common email for all of us or one per child? I can't give them their own Apple ID because of age limits.

You sure you can't give them an Apple ID? I was able to get one for my 11 year old last year and it seemed to work fine for us. It's so much easier to separate the accounts, trust me!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You sure you can't give them an Apple ID? I was able to get one for my 11 year old last year and it seemed to work fine for us. It's so much easier to separate the accounts, trust me!
Apple requires account holders to be at least 13 years old. This is the age limit mentioned by earlboston.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If you set up a common email for all of you, they will be able to read your emails and vice versa....is this what you would want?

Sharing a common Apple ID would also enable you to share the same apps without having to purchase the apps more than once.

Most reactions