What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monitor iPhone video on iPad

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Here's what I'd like to do...

I want to video myself playing classical guitar using the video camera on my iPhone 4S
I'd like to position the phone on a tripod behind my music stand, facing me as I play.
I'd like to use the main front facing camera as this gives a much better image.

My problem is, I can't see the video image on the phone screen - for optimum positioning - without getting up to adjust the tripod by trial and error, if you understand my meaning.

My iPad will be on my music stand and what I'd really like is to be able to monitor the iPhone video on my iPad so that I can adjust the camera position whilst sitting with my guitar.

Can anyone suggest a way I could accomplish this, as simply as possible?

Last edited:

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure there are probably several ways to stream video from one to the other (e.g. Skype/FaceTime for starters), but what's difficult is that you want to record at same time. What you could do is to use AirPlay Mirroring on an AppleTV if you have one. Or of course, you could try plain, old-fashioned mirroring ;-)

OP
C

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it's not going to be as straightforward as I'd hoped...

Most reactions

Latest posts