What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday night football

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read that the new agreement with the NFL and espn will allow ipad 2 users the capability to watch countdown and the game. Has anyone else heard this? If so, what app is needed?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is either WatchESPN or ScoreCenter XL in the app store. I wish there was an app where you could watch any game, like the NFL Ticket on DirectTV (or what ever it's called). I'm not switching to DirectTV just for that and the prices look crazy, plus they locked it up for several more years. I'd be happy to spend $30 for the NFL season to be able to watch any game I want on my iPad. NFL= No Fun League

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Wookiee2cu. I would gladly pay a subscription to watch any game on my iPad... even to watch the redzone channel would be great!

canon714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Direct tv NFL pricing is out of this world. At least the MLB cost is reasonable

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you order the Sunday Ticket, it comes with online access. So you can watch from iPhone, iPad or lap/desktop. There's a Sunday Ticket app in the App Store.

But ya, it's mighty expensive. It was nearly $340 for the season and they bill you over 4 months.

I got lucky when I called to order, after the sales rep rang up my order, she offered to knock off 1 month payment. So I saved 25% really. So I used that savings to order ESPN Gameplan. Which was $129 over 4 months. Then when she rang that up, she offered to take a month payment off that.

It really pays to call them and being nice over phone.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
If you order the Sunday Ticket, it comes with online access. So you can watch from iPhone, iPad or lap/desktop. There's a Sunday Ticket app in the App Store.

But ya, it's mighty expensive. It was nearly $340 for the season and they bill you over 4 months.

I got lucky when I called to order, after the sales rep rang up my order, she offered to knock off 1 month payment. So I saved 25% really. So I used that savings to order ESPN Gameplan. Which was $129 over 4 months. Then when she rang that up, she offered to take a month payment off that.

It really pays to call them and being nice over phone.

I forgot to mention that I asked why I can't get Ticket for free like a new customer. She replied by saying it's just a promotion but she offered me Ticket for $249. So it's $249 over 4 months to which she then took off 1 month payment. I was happy.

OP
R

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks jncbankston,just got off the phone with them and got the NFL to go for the iPad fee waived and the overall price for the NFL ticket for $ 230.00

canon714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like football. Just cant imagine paying that much for football.

OP
R

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cost of 2 club level seats, parking, and beer for 1 game $300.00. This way you get a
Every game and free parking and great prices on unlimited beer!

canon714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a good way too look at it. And in the case of Raider games you won't have to deal with getting mugged. Lol

mattmooreesq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen 90% complaints about the watchESPN app. I believe it's only available for cable subscribers of certain companies, namely Time Warner. Interested to see if anybody finds a way to live the dream of free football on the iPad. I use AT&T Uverse hence you can find me at a sports bar on Sunday's. Good luck!

canon714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am bummed. I have direct tv and the espn live app won't work for direct tv customers..

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raiderspen said:
We raider fans think that way!

Yezzir..."Commitment To Excellence"

BTW...I like ur club level seats comparison to justify the purchase. And if ur into fantasy football, channel 701 allows you to plug in your fantasy team so you can get updates on every yard your player gets throughout the day. It will flash along the bottom of your screen.

And can't forget Redzone Channel. Excellent.

How about Sebas's NFL record-tying boot at Mile High!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts