What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mods - list of tariffs suitable for tourists/visitors worldwide?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question/suggestion really. Given the international vibe of this forum, wouldn't it be useful to have somewhere on the site where there is a list of network providers with tariffs suitable for visitors/tourists when travelling abroad? I.e. Those that provide daily pay as you go rates without requiring national credit checks or an "in country" billing address - or provide simple ways around it (using prepaid visa from the country visited for instance).

I just think it would be a resource extremely useful for many here if it was possible to manage it in a way which would make sense.

:)

My contribution: Anyone visiting the UK - http://shop.o2.co.uk/ipadtariffs/

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of these types of questions are already being answered in the iPad Carriers section of the forum. Our foreign members have been most helpful in providing this information.

A database with this information seems like it would be pretty large and difficult to manage... unless you are willing to volunteer!

OP
P

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking that if there was a way of sticking it in one place mainly, and it really only needs to be one carrier per country. I'd be happy enough to plough through posts or act as a POC for submissions if anyone has suggestions how best it be presented.

I lack the inter-web skills to do anything fancy with the data once collated though!

azstinger11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could probably make a pages/excel document that listed carriers and rates for each country. But actually making a database is well beyond my ability.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand the desire however it is very complex. Most people travelling cam log on to providers in each country and get prices. In Australia we have many carriers whom change prices almost every week. Let's use the current thread for Carriers as a resource

OP
P

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okie dokes.

P.s. Hope your feet stayed dry :(

Most reactions

Latest posts