What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mobilemusicplayer.app

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help me!

I have an ipad 1, 16gb, wifi-only, jailbroken, v4.2.1, untethered jailbreak.

I was playing with ifile on my ipad and i accidentally edit the info.plist in mobilemusicplayer.app (of course i did not backup)

After the restart, my ipod and video app disappeared.

I dont want to restore my whole ipad. Can anyone give me the info.plist for mobilemusicplayer.app pls?

You can pm me, give link to download, reply attachment, email or paste the code here. Thank you in advance.

Email: [email protected]

Note: i cant find the file on google.

OP
A

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls help me. Those icons have disappeared for 1 week. I have tried resetting homescreen, use spotlight but i still cant find the icon.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember it's an international forum with Members all around the world in different time zones. It can take 24 hours before everyone sees your post.

Tim

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't you uninstall from iPad and then re-install from repo? If so, shouldn't that generate a fresh info.plist?

//Stefan 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great point, Stefan.

In fact, you don't even have to uninstall it, appleplusy. Just go back to Cydia, and bring up the tweak. Once you've got it up, just hit the "Modify" button, select "Reinstall." The tweak will reinstall and you'll be good to go. Easie peasie.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MobileMusicPlayer is the in-built stock iPod app guys. You can't just reinstall it (unless you restore!).

OP, the reason you are struggling here is the plist is version specific, and not many folks around these parts who would be able to help still have 4.2.1... Sorry. I've looked at mine, but it is 4.3.x specific, so won't help you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:Smacks forehead:

Doh!

Ah well, a little public display of ignorance never hurt anyone! :eek: Sorry.

So, I guess now it's time to restore [to iOS 4.3.5] and then re-jailbreak with redsn0w. Tethered only, I'm afraid - but still, better than nothing, eh?

Sorry.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
:Smacks forehead:

Doh!

Ah well, a little public display of ignorance never hurt anyone! :eek: Sorry.

We all have facepalm moments :)

OP
A

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMusicPlayer is the in-built stock iPod app guys. You can't just reinstall it (unless you restore!).

OP, the reason you are struggling here is the plist is version specific, and not many folks around these parts who would be able to help still have 4.2.1... Sorry. I've looked at mine, but it is 4.3.x specific, so won't help you.

as long as it isnt ios 5, i think it should work. can you give me .plist or .app?

Most reactions