What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MobileMe

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just figured out how to turn this feature on last night and was fooling around on the website just now. With the wi-fi on, it shows my iPad is in my neighbor's front yard. 3G is extremely accurate. It shows my iPad on the outside wall of my house, exactly where I'm sitting. Too cool.
Also played with the lock and display message deals and absolutely love that Apple has given this to us for free.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just figured out how to turn this feature on last night and was fooling around on the website just now. With the wi-fi on, it shows my iPad is in my neighbor's front yard. 3G is extremely accurate. It shows my iPad on the outside wall of my house, exactly where I'm sitting. Too cool.
Also played with the lock and display message deals and absolutely love that Apple has given this to us for free.

Yes - it's magic!! I have the Internet radio app TuneIn and that uses this location feature to find 'local' radio stations - and even to show them on a Google Map. Too much!!

Tim
Scotland

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
3G will always find your device spot on. Wifi, however is using a best quess system. It has been explained elsewhere on this forum. Bottom line, wifi can be as much as 1/2 a block away from true location.

Most reactions

Latest posts