1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by the_john, Mar 23, 2011.

1. the_john

the_john iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just figured out how to turn this feature on last night and was fooling around on the website just now. With the wi-fi on, it shows my iPad is in my neighbor's front yard. 3G is extremely accurate. It shows my iPad on the outside wall of my house, exactly where I'm sitting. Too cool.
    Also played with the lock and display message deals and absolutely love that Apple has given this to us for free.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Yes - it's magic!! I have the Internet radio app TuneIn and that uses this location feature to find 'local' radio stations - and even to show them on a Google Map. Too much!!

Tim
    Scotland
  3. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3G will always find your device spot on. Wifi, however is using a best quess system. It has been explained elsewhere on this forum. Bottom line, wifi can be as much as 1/2 a block away from true location.