1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

MobileMe and Find my phone

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by hey_moe, Feb 13, 2011.

1. hey_moe

hey_moe iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went and downloaded Find my phone for a Ipad. Everything went along fine. My problem is when I do a search it finds my Ipad but it's off a block. I was then told to not use my home router and to go outside and connect with a hub. After doing this it had the same location. Anybody else have this problem ? I feel if you lost it or someone borrowed and forgot to return it...lol...how are you suppse to be able to track and find it if it's that far off...Mike
  2. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Wifi iPad location is based on your current ip block. The more wifi routers to pull from the more accurate it becomes. You can get it within about 15 meters with only one router present. The 3G has gps and is much more precise. I don't use find my iPhone on my iPad because it drains the battery for nothing and it would require someone logging in to wifi to find it...so it's no good on the move...Also, I keep the thing on me at all times and it's pretty big to just forget somewhere. I do have it enabled on the iPhones tho!