What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MobileMe and Find my phone

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went and downloaded Find my phone for a Ipad. Everything went along fine. My problem is when I do a search it finds my Ipad but it's off a block. I was then told to not use my home router and to go outside and connect with a hub. After doing this it had the same location. Anybody else have this problem ? I feel if you lost it or someone borrowed and forgot to return it...lol...how are you suppse to be able to track and find it if it's that far off...Mike

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi iPad location is based on your current ip block. The more wifi routers to pull from the more accurate it becomes. You can get it within about 15 meters with only one router present. The 3G has gps and is much more precise. I don't use find my iPhone on my iPad because it drains the battery for nothing and it would require someone logging in to wifi to find it...so it's no good on the move...Also, I keep the thing on me at all times and it's pretty big to just forget somewhere. I do have it enabled on the iPhones tho!

Most reactions

Latest posts