What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile333 app.appflyer.com pop-up

Bolsem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Recently, Every website I visit on Safari or opened by the Facebook app, it opens another website mobile333.com which Goes to app.appflyer.com and then opens AppStore to an clashwar app. How can i fixe it? i tryed everything, I backup and restore the iPad, I cleanned cookies. If anyone could help, please, be my guest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 366

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What's the last app you installed on your device?

I can't find any information on the mobile333 site, but in your screenshot it looks a bit like a URL shortener. AppFlyer is a mobile device ad tracking company. They've got a good reputation from what I can see, but it's possible someone is abusing them.

Are you visiting Facebook in Safari or via their iOS app when you get redirected?

If Settings > Safari > Clear data and History is not working, and a restore with backup did not work, you may have to do a clean restore (not using a backup) and re-add all your content and apps manually. But before you do that you should probably give the clear data thing another try, followed by a reset (hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple Logo appears).

Once you done that, try Safari immediately, before opening any other app.

To be honest, I don't know if I can help. Normally the clear data and history cures this kind of problem. The only time I've seen it not do so required either the clean restore that I mentioned, or the use of an add blocking app. Both are drastic and should not be necessary.

I'm curious why your screen shot was using the Chrome browser?

OP
B

Bolsem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I had tried restore and not use backup. I was using chrome because it didn t had been infected but it is already. What I watt to say is it had infected chrome app too, but it allows me to open these website. In Safari is not posible.

I didn t find any information about mobile333 too. It is so awkward for.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only thing more through than a clean restore is to enter DFU mode, download and install the latest software manually. You'll find find instructions about DFU mode in the Hacking area of the forum. It should be one of the sticky threads (threads that stay at the top of the thread lists).

I have no experience with this, so if you have questions as in the Hacking area. There are several experienced users that should be able to help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues. I have some questions and suggestions for you.

- Have you tried to "forget" your WiFi hotspot and then tried to log in again?

- Do you have a WiFi-only iPad? If yes, what happens if you try to access Safari on another WiFi hotspot (one that's NOT on your network/in your house ... maybe a friend's house, the library, another public place)?

- If you have cellular service - does this redirect happen when you are on cellular? Do you have a friend with a cellular device that can create a cellular-using hotspot you can try to use?

- Have you tried turning off/on your router or rebooting it? Or, maybe even resetting it back to factory and starting again?

- If you do any of the above, "forget" the WiFi hotspot and then re-sign back in

I ask all the above questions because, from what I read, it may be that your router or network have been compromised (hacked).

In that case, the good news is that it's not your iPad. The bad news is that I know nothing about hacked routers/networks and can only direct you to "the Google" (or maybe a real-life computer expert).

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .I ask all the above questions because, from what I read, it may be that your router or network have been compromised (hacked). . .
Marilyn

Definitely worth looking into before an other full restore or the DFU reinstall I suggested. Thanks for catching that.

karisters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. The problem was in my router DNS settings. Once I set DNS to 8.8.8.8 on both router and iPad, cleaned web history & data of Safari - problem had gone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had the same problem. The problem was in my router DNS settings. Once I set DNS to 8.8.8.8 on both router and iPad, cleaned web history & data of Safari - problem had gone.

A good idea.

Several months ago I switched my router's DNS settings to Google's servers with OpenDNS as a back up (or was it vice versa?). It cleared up a lot of the strange behavior and slow downs I was experiencing when on my ISP’s DNS server.

Google DNS
Preferred: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS
Preferred: 208.67.222.222
Alternate: 208.67.220.220

Most reactions

Latest posts