What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile sites?

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I open a web site I get a banner across the bottom asking me to switch to a Mobil site, is there a way to stop this, I already have the Mobil sites!!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I open a web site I get a banner across the bottom asking me to switch to a Mobil site, is there a way to stop this, I already have the Mobil sites!!

Websites such as eBay offer this switch so that it only provides you the information that your tablet can use. It also allows you to reduce your data download requirements if you were on cellular as opposed to wifi. I am using eBay as an example.

You can access eBay on your iPad via Safari and you'll get the banner to switch to the mobile version or you can access eBay through their app. You can access eBay's website in "normal" mode, but if you get to an eBay vendor that for some reason still uses Adobe flash, you won't be able to access this information. Going mobile eliminates this possibility. The iPad eBay app is how I access my eBay, it does a very good job giving me what I want from eBay. Ironically, when I get an invoice from eBay in my email, when I click on Pay Now, it takes me to the Internet, not my iPad eBay app.

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am just wondering how to stop the banner from popping up every time I change a page or site, it gets annoying

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. It seems as if every web site owner out on the Internet has decided to make an app for the iPad. So, when you go to that site, they want you to use your app, no matter how many times you tell them no. It's an advertising gimmick - and, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no way to get rid of these annoying things.

Just to say - if you ever find a way to stop them from appearing, I'd be willing to know. I hate it when it happens - as you are. But, again, nothing to do but hit the "x" to get rid of it. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts