What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing photos

purbrookian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On around half of my incoming Facebook messages, the photo that is supposed to accompany the message is missing; only a blank space appears. Thought it was a slow wifi, but they never appear.

Can anyone suggest a reason ? iPad2, latest IOS.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi purbrookian, nice to see you again after quite a while!. I've deleted your other post dealing with the same problem as it will be less confusing as to which one of them members should answer and it will also abide by our rules.
So I'll leave your question here in the iPad Help forum which I'm confident will receive a prompt response soon.
Again, nice to have you hanging out with us:)
Andrew

OP
P

purbrookian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the FaceBook app or visiting the site using Safari (or some other browser)?
Thanks Twerpp.....Using the IOS Facebook app. Btw, the photos appear properly on my Macbook Pro. Could this be an iPad settings issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's more likely to be an issue with the FaceBook app itself. Or it maybe those particular images are not compatible with the iPad (unlikely as that is). There really isn't anything you can do in the iPad's settings that will affect FaceBook's ability to display images, however the iPad is compatible with fewer image file types than your Mac.

You can also try visiting FaceBook in Safari on the iPad and see if the images fail to display properly there. If they don't, then it may be that 'unlikely' image compatibility issue after all. If the images are from the same source, that would also indicate a possible file compatibility problem.

What you can do:

If a restart or reset don't clear up the problem I'd try deleting and re-installing the FaceBook app. The FaceBook updates every couple of weeks, so this would make sure you have the newest version, and that it hasn't been corrupted by a failed update.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the Power Off slider appears, and slide it off. Wait until the iPad finishes shutting down, then hold down the power button for a few seconds to turn it back on.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will restart on it's own.

G

gaginker

Thanks again, noble mon. Shall try the re-install and restart....again, appreciate your input.

G

gaginker

Twerpp.....re-installing the IOS Facebook app made no difference; but the photos do appear when using the Safari method. Thank you once more.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

It's almost certainly something with the FaceBook app. Maybe the next FaceBook update will fix it for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts