What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing PDF's

Evo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I got my new pad recently and have not got my PDF files on it. They are on my iphone 4 but don't show up on the ipad so how can I get them onto my ipad? I have them here on my desktop in a folder.

Also, would I be right in assuming that the apps that I use that are not optimised for the Pad3 are the ones that when you start them they appear small on the screen and you have to hit the 1x button?

Seems like almost all of my apps have a pad3 version which you have to download and pay for again which I am not too happy about!

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To solve your first question import the pdf files into itunes. Select them in the books menu when your ipad is connected with itunes.
Once syned the pdf files will be stored in ibooks on your ipad.

Apps with the 1x button are iphone apps. Checkif you can get a universal version too that works fullscreen on ipads. If not you have to live with iphone app or buy the ipad version.

OP
E

Evo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the reply. I tried that and they still don't show! I clicked on Sync all in Books on itunes then 'Apply'. It synched and they are not there! I tried downloading Adobe PDF reader and some other PDF, they show up but not my PDF's! What folder shall I look for on my laptop to see if they are there?

Thanks.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open ibooks on your iPad. Now click on the button on top right from the store button. Switch from books to pdf and your files should appear.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not get a PDF reader like GoodReader? It will not only allow you to read your PDFs, you can download lots of different formats including PDFs from within Safari. It will sync from within iTunes and allow you to manage various file types.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
E

Evo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open ibooks on your iPad. Now click on the button on top right from the store button. Switch from books to pdf and your files should appear.

Thanks for the reply but they are not there!

They are on my iphone 4 and in itunes, all selected (ticked) but when I synch the Pad3 they are not on it :(

I have downloaded Adobe PDF reader and also Bluefire Reader but they are not on my pad to read them! It's driving me mad! They are work related and would be brilliant on the pad so I could really do with them on there but can't for the life of me work out why they are on the iphone and not the pad :(

OP
E

Evo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, I think I have solved this one after a bit of head scratching. I deleted all my books from 'Books'. I then found all the PDF files I needed, put them in a new folder on my desktop and copied them all over to 'Books' in itunes. Synched the pad and they are all there!! So for reference they were in a different location which was solved by collating them all and copying them into itunes! Hope this helps someone :)

Most reactions