What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing option in iTunes on the iPad

pfieldhouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my iTunes on the iPad all I have at the bottom is podcasts, ITunes U and downloads. Surely I should have options for music and videos? Can anyone help me out with this.

Petyew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem as pfieldhouse. I believe there are 5 additional buttons which seems to be missing. I am unable to buy music or movie online.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is a restart and/or a soft reset. After that I'd call Apple and ask. I tried signing in and back out of my iTunes account, but it did not make any difference. And that was the only thing I could think off.

Last edited:

Petyew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my iTunes on the iPad all I have at the bottom is podcasts, ITunes U and downloads. Surely I should have options for music and videos? Can anyone help me out with this.

Just learned that Malaysians cannot buy music and videos online from iTunes, hence the missing options. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh, that makes sense, though it has got to be just as frustrating even when you know why. Too bad companies can't work out some simple copyright solutions and play nice with each other.

Youhavenoidea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem and have had it as long as I can remember, I've had my iPad for 3 years and I've had many issues that have been reasonably easy to resolve, I've had to once do a hard reset and start from the beginning, I've also got 2 apple Ids, one in Australia wher I bought the iPad from and the other in the UAE where I am currently living. My wife also has an iPad, hers is the second generation. She has only one I.d hers is Australian, she lives with me in the UAE and has no problems with her itune view, so it obviously not a region thing, I have obviously tried both of my Ids and still no success. Could someone pleaseeeee help.

I can't thing of anything else to try.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, when it comes to various countries and their rules, it's not just access to the App Store that is blocked, it is the way the iPad is built and shipped to a certain country. Apple has to comply with rules of the country in which it sells the iPad and one of those rules may be to disable certain functions. For example, I know that iPads sold in some countries have had the ability to use FaceTime removed. That may very well be the case here - your iPad has been modified by Apple to comply with your country's laws.

Not really a good answer ... but one nonetheless. Sorry.

Marilyn

Youhavenoidea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the answer, I simply created a new apple i.d. For America, and wallah, it works... I now have all of he iTunes stuff that should be there, it also works with my Australian I.D, but it does not work with my UAE I.D. What you need to do is make sure you sign out and sign back in on Itunes on your iPad.

Good luck, hit like if it works for you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

djto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Missing tabs on music icon..

I only see the store tab..the album,playlist and other tabs are missing.. i want to copy my music in my laptop in my ipad but i cant make i t...

djto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! Do you have any idea how to get back the tabs on my music icon in my ipad? i only have store tab.. And the others are missing..huhu!

djto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Do you have any music currently on the iPad?

i dont have any yet..this is new.. im trying to copy the music from my old mp3 but the other tab in the music is missing.. I mean i saw the other ipad with (album,playlist and other tabs) my mine only have store tab..link to downloading in itunes..:(

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
djto said:
i dont have any yet..this is new.. im trying to copy the music from my old mp3 but the other tab in the music is missing.. I mean i saw the other ipad with (album,playlist and other tabs) my mine only have store tab..link to downloading in itunes..:(

My theory is the iPad does not display these tabs unless there is content to display. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, you say the music s currently on an mp3 player? Do you have a PC or Mac? You need to set-up your music in iTunes on your computer, then plug the iPad in and tell it to sync the music. Once it is on there I suspect the necessary tabs will be there.

djto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i already tried it.. once i plug-in the ipad to the pc,the pc detects the device..but when im copying the music..there is a pop up message that tells that the device was stop accepting the data..and still i cant see the tabs where in i can click to start sync it..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the computer?

I'm not even sure what store tab you are talking about.

However, the tabs for managing your content only appear when the iPad is plugged in and selected in the left column under the Devices list. If it is not showing up there, then that's the first thing you need to fix. There are a couple threads on the subject, but all I can remember (for Windows users) is to reinstall iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts