What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing New Page Button in Safari IPAD2

Dana69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to IOS5 and the new page button is missing in Safari on the IPAD2. Is there any help for getting it back as I am stuck using just one page now in Safari.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Safari uses tabs now. Hit the plus sign next to the current tab to get a new page.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabs cost screen real estate...but everyone has em now. Safari joins in. Personally, I like the pages better than tabs...but, this is 'progress'.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabs cost screen real estate...but everyone has em now. Safari joins in. Personally, I like the pages better than tabs...but, this is 'progress'.

I also don't like tabs. They are on my laptop with windows 7 but still don't like them. Just seems like too much 'stuff going on'. But, hey we all want 'progress', right?

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's a personal thing. I like tabs myself. You can close one without clicking the new page icon. You can open one without clicking the new page icon. Oh, wait, there is no new page icon. Not going to miss it, though I can see where some might.

What I miss is swiping to navigate forward/backward through the pages on a website like you can in OS X. Click a button to go back? On a device designed for hand gestures? Now that's silly. :D

Most reactions