What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing emails

madbazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the last few days both my iPad and iPhone have started to auto delete my Yahoo emails. Both mail icons will show the correct number of all new emails but as soon as I open mail the Yahoo ones are automatically deleted and don't appear in the trash folder either. Fortunately I can still access these on my PC but it is very frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score
Is it possible, that the emails have been moved into a second Junk folder?

At least all my email accounts use a slightly different folder system than the Mail app, so I end up with duplicate folders of each. Obviously only one of them is used.

Attachments

• image-2020295520.png
    image-2020295520.png
    84 KB · Views: 389
OP
M

madbazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Is it possible, that the emails have been moved into a second Junk folder?

At least all my email accounts use a slightly different folder system than the Mail app, so I end up with duplicate folders of each. Obviously only one of them is used.

Two emails just delivered to my Yahoo account without a problem. So could be that some are being treated as 'Junk'. However having checked sub folders for all of my mail accounts, none of them seem to have a Junk folder listed.

How does iPad mail decide what is Junk and where would it normally move them to. Can I modify the junk filters or create a safe senders list?

stoogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is also happening with my friend's Hotmail account and my Outlook Express (though in OE they appear in the Everything folder - sometimes!).

Most reactions

Latest posts