What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing display assembly

golgorthewet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently acquired an ipad, or well, half of one. The entire display assembly is missing, but the rest looks to be in good shape. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to know if the rest of the ipad is still functional without buying a new front assembly first. Thank you for your help, and sorry if this topic has been covered, but I couldnt find a relevent thread.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
golgorthewet said:
Recently acquired an ipad, or well, half of one. The entire display assembly is missing, but the rest looks to be in good shape. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to know if the rest of the ipad is still functional without buying a new front assembly first. Thank you for your help, and sorry if this topic has been covered, but I couldnt find a relevent thread.

Unless you've got the sort of test equipment only an authorized repair shop is likely to have, there's likely no way of knowing if it works without installing a screen assembly and trying it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts