What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrowing ipad

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole reasons was so we could watch something on ITV PLAYER as we missed something on the TV the other night. Watching by ipad was too small so now I'm able t put it on via Apple TV (mirror)

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole reasons was so we could watch something on ITV PLAYER as we missed something on the TV the other night. Watching by ipad was too small so now I'm able t put it on via Apple TV (mirror)

I love doing this......I keep one of my old iPads around to act like a media player and with the Apple TV I've got access to just about anything.

The Archangel

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We had a good evening with the kids using apps like "4 pics 1 word" and "94seconds" ... Had it airplay to big screen and they all competed to get the answer right. Good fun...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that some apps (video and music apps mostly) will not mirror. They are restricted to AirPlaying the content. And some video apps do not support AirPlay at all.

The best way to make sure AirPlay is working is to not open any app. Instead, double tap the Home Button, then swipe to the right. If an AirPlay service is available you will see the icon (a rectangle with arrow at the bottom) to the right of the play controls. Select this, select the service (Apple TV probably) and then turn on Mirroring. If mirroring is working, you'll see your iPad's home screen on the TV.

That's about all I know, and it is based on using the Reflector app on my Mac. This lets me mirror and/or AirPlay to my computer.

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that what I've been doing. Using the mirror/airplay by swiping the bottom across.

I've always air played my music, images etc.., YouTube is on Apple TV anyways, as with Netflix. I was able to play a vid on FB earlier whilst mirroring my ipad to TV. Pretty cool tbh lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes that what I've been doing. Using the mirror/airplay by swiping the bottom across.

I've always air played my music, images etc.., YouTube is on Apple TV anyways, as with Netflix. I was able to play a vid on FB earlier whilst mirroring my ipad to TV. Pretty cool tbh lol

Oh. Never mind me. I somehow missed that there was a second page of posts, and did not realize the problem was solved. :eek:

Glad you got it working.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool what happens is the wifi net work is what I call fuzzy lol. I suspect it is a minor bug in the Apple TV Glad we can assist. One can also mirror am iPhone providing it is running a late version of iOS

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

Most reactions

Latest posts