What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirroring question

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, I currently have an iPad 1 and I am considering getting an iPad 2, solely for the mirroring capabilities. Does it mirror everything on screen, including games, readers and all other apps using the adaptor?
Edit... Can you get an adaptor (hdmi) that has a charging port built in so that you can keep the iPad charged whilst viewing it on a larger screen?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - take a look at the Apple support article on Mirrowing HERE - should answer your questions.

Also scroll to the bottom which has a pic of the Apple HDMI adapter (the one that I own) - the black cable is the HDMI one that goes to an HDMI input on your HDTV (so a requirement w/ that adapter) and also a white docking input to charge the iPad in the usual manner - good luck! :)

OP
crazyhorse1217

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hello - take a look at the Apple support article on Mirrowing HERE - should answer your questions.

Also scroll to the bottom which has a pic of the Apple HDMI adapter (the one that I own) - the black cable is the HDMI one that goes to an HDMI input on your HDTV (so a requirement w/ that adapter) and also a white docking input to charge the iPad in the usual manner - good luck! :)

Thank you very much for your quick reply, outstanding !!! Just have to save up a little bit, then I'll get one :p

Chumbake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best part of the iPad 2 and mirroring is that if you have an Apple TV you can wirelessly Mirror through the Apple TV over your wifi network. It works great.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some apps can and do override mirroring. These are usually apps with their own video output built in. In those cases you can not mirror, just use the app to play their content over the adaptor cable or AirPlay.

Reaction score
Crazyhorse, you can jailbreak your iPad and mirror (to projector and tv!) using Displayout purchased through Cydia (look up jailbreak forums). You will need a video adapter (I am using the apple hdmi, but it is very pricey). That is the sole reason I decided to jailbreak. Cheaper than an ipad 2! recently bought an apple tv, hoping to do this wirelessly -but have not been able to (except they typical video and audio apps). But the ipad 2 and iphone 4s will mirror using airplay via apple tv. Of course now, having purchased apple tv, cables, apps to mirror, etc - I probably have $150 to $200 into it, but if you know exactly what you need ahead of time you may be able to save some money (that's what these forums are great for).

Most reactions

Latest posts