What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miriam

mimser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to download my photograps from my ipad on to my home computer. I want to feet them developed into hard copies and not sure how to do this unless I get them on to my home computer. Thanks.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mimser said:
Can someone tell me how to download my photograps from my ipad on to my home computer. I want to feet them developed into hard copies and not sure how to do this unless I get them on to my home computer. Thanks.

In Windows when you plug in your iPad, it opens a dialog box that asks you what you want to do with the device you just plugged in. One of the options is "Import Photos and Videos". Just click on it and it will import all of them to your computer.

OP
M

mimser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
In Windows when you plug in your iPad, it opens a dialog box that asks you what you want to do with the device you just plugged in. One of the options is "Import Photos and Videos". Just click on it and it will import all of them to your computer.

Thanks for that but how do I plug in my ipad on to my home computer. I have no connection with my iPad for that. Sorry for being so dim. Miriam

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mimser said:
Thanks for that but how do I plug in my ipad on to my home computer. I have no connection with my iPad for that. Sorry for being so dim. Miriam

The cord you have to charge the iPad disconnects from the electric plug exposing a USB adapter. Plug that adapter into an open USB port on your PC and the the other into the iPad.

You should have had to connect the iPad to the PC when initially purchased, same physical connection will open a connection between the devices.

OP
M

mimser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
The cord you have to charge the iPad disconnects from the electric plug exposing a USB adapter. Plug that adapter into an open USB port on your PC and the the other into the iPad.

You should have had to connect the iPad to the PC when initially purchased, same physical connection will open a connection between the devices.

Oh Yes I understand now, thank you so much you have been so helpful and I will try that. For some reason my iPad won't download any more of my photograps from my camera even though I still have a bit of space left, so I am going to take them off my iPad and see if that works, thanks again, Miriam

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mimser said:
Oh Yes I understand now, thank you so much you have been so helpful and I will try that. For some reason my iPad won't download any more of my photograps from my camera even though I still have a bit of space left, so I am going to take them off my iPad and see if that works, thanks again, Miriam

Sounds like you are low on storage space.

Goto General/Usage/Storage. How many GB available...how many GB used?

OP
M

mimser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
29 but only 6.3 left so looks as though not enough space. Thanks for all your help. Miria,

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mimser said:
29 but only 6.3 left so looks as though not enough space. Thanks for all your help. Miria,

6GB is a good chunk of storage. That should be able to handle a large number of pics. The higher the resolution the bigger the file but still that's a good number of pics.

How many are you talking about? If they are in the same folder you can get the size of that folder by right clicking and viewing properties in windows. Right click properties works at all levels....folder, file, pic, song, video, logical or physical disk drives. Search results will also provide total space required to move or copy the objects.

Have a good night.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait a second..,.,you are copying from iPad to pc correct.

Space open on iPad is not a factor. Maybe you are low on disk space on the PC?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I see Midranger is giving you the right advice! Enjoy!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions

Latest posts