What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mircosoft outlook folders in the ipad2

p.echeverri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do I get my micrososft outlook folders on my ipad2?

If I don't put the email as pop3 it won't work.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
You need to be connected to an exchange server with both devices. If your email provider cannot gibe you that you cant (Gmail also works fine with folders)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
P

p.echeverri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to sound stupid but I pretty much just know the basics of computers. What do you mean by "exchange server"?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also wondered if folders is possible and to auto assign new emails into individual folders similar to outlook, is there an app that does this? I just use gmail and standard iPad email option at the moment.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
p.echeverri said:
I hate to sound stupid but I pretty much just know the basics of computers. What do you mean by "exchange server"?

You don't.
Exchange Server is not really part of basic knowledge ;o)

Emails/ accounts etc. are stored on a server, the Email-Server. Depending on its' setup you have an EXCHANGE account, an IMAP account, a POP account etc.
GMail i.e. uses - as far as I am aware - IMAP, but can also be set up to use POP instead; my company uses an exchange server.
The question is how your Emails travel between the email-server and the client - the software you use for writing/ reading your emails.

Which email-service do you use? If it is Gmail it is easy, if it is about your company's emails you may contact your IT department.
As far as I understood you use Outlook on your computer. Check for the account you have entered there....

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
therealriley said:
I have also wondered if folders is possible and to auto assign new emails into individual folders similar to outlook, is there an app that does this? I just use gmail and standard iPad email option at the moment.

The native Email App does it if you use an Exchange Server...
I just checked it, I can do it on the company's Emails, but not on my (private) Gmail...

OP
P

p.echeverri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help hpulmer! I really do appreciate it! I looked and my account is a POP.
I'm using Microsoft outlook for my email. I have my own small business so I don't have an IT department.
What do you think I should do?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
p.echeverri said:
Thank you for your help hpulmer! I really do appreciate it! I looked and my account is a POP.
I'm using Microsoft outlook for my email. I have my own small business so I don't have an IT department.
What do you think I should do?

What email-Service do you use? If they do offer another type of access you will only need the server-addresses in order to set it up accordingly, so that you will be able to get your emails in both/all devices.
This should be available in their online help...

OP
P

p.echeverri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi hpulmer.
Since I have a small busienss I use godaddy to get a domain. I have several domains for the several different busienss names I have. So for example;

@alimentosdemitierra.com
@nationalpacking.biz

etc.

Thank you so much for your help!
I really appreciate it!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
p.echeverri said:
hi hpulmer.
Since I have a small busienss I use godaddy to get a domain. I have several domains for the several different busienss names I have. So for example;

@alimentosdemitierra.com
@nationalpacking.biz

etc.

Thank you so much for your help!
I really appreciate it!

As far as I can see godaddy offers

image-546362610.jpg
and all email pland do have

image-1511434051.jpg

so, it is just a matter of settings in your Outlook Program NOT to use POP but to use the Exchange server - this way all you read in outlook appears read on iPad, all you delete on either of both will be deleted.
On the iPad you have to set it up as Exchange Server as well, of course...

Last edited:

PastorBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this forum and barely know how to post. Don't know how to post a new message. I am trying to get my outlook on iPad. Help!

OP
P

p.echeverri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi PastorBobby.
Go to settings on your iPad and click on "mail contacts calendars" then on your actual computer open your outlook and under "tools" click on "account settings" click on the email you want to put on your iPad. Copy all the information you see on your computer into your iPad. For example your iPad will ask you for the incoming server.... Just look on your computer and copy what it says there. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts