What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor electric shock/tingle form my ipad 4th gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

Danny102

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! So went to the apple shop this weekend and explained my problem I'm having with the tingling sensation. We plugged it in and sure enough it was still there. The lady at the shop could not feel it and said the same as apple support that it was known about and some people are more sensitive to its then others. I was still not convinced so we tried a different charger...it went away! So she put it down to a faulty charger and couldn't say much else about it, she replaced my charger and cable at no cost and I went on my way. So I have it plugged in at home as I type this in the same socket as before and the problem is no longer there. Hopefully we have solved it :) so to any other ipad users out there who are having the same problem my advice is try changing the charger to your ipad, the cable didn't seem to be the problem ( but was exchanged anyway) hope this helps!

Dan

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! So went to the apple shop this weekend and explained my problem I'm having with the tingling sensation. We plugged it in and sure enough it was still there. The lady at the shop could not feel it and said the same as apple support that it was known about and some people are more sensitive to its then others. I was still not convinced so we tried a different charger...it went away! So she put it down to a faulty charger and couldn't say much else about it, she replaced my charger and cable at no cost and I went on my way. So I have it plugged in at home as I type this in the same socket as before and the problem is no longer there. Hopefully we have solved it :) so to any other ipad users out there who are having the same problem my advice is try changing the charger to your ipad, the cable didn't seem to be the problem ( but was exchanged anyway) hope this helps!

Dan
thats good to hear,in my case a complete change of ipad did no good but using a MBP cable resolved it so there we have two solutions for anyone else with this issue.....oh yes and using the extra cable gives a nice length when you want to be a bit further away from the mains socket......Apple were brilliant by the way and gave me a spare MBP cable free of charge.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Dan

Awesome!

Great to hear you got it resolved and Apple took care of you and resolved the issue.
What a shocking experience. :eek:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this problem is now resolved i will go ahead and close this thread,thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions