1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Minimising websites?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Cas5090, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Cas5090

Cas5090 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, very inexperienced new to apple ipad2 owner here!

Is there any way of minimising websites? When i get an email from, for example, amazon with the kindle daily deal, i click on the link that takes me to amazon. I then buy or don't buy the book and want to minimise the website so i can return to my email but there doesn't seem a way to do this. Am i being daft, is there a way to minimise a website?
    Many thanks in advance. Also, i did introduce myself in the introduction area but i cannot find my way back to where i posted , my introduction - i am struggling trying to find my wat
    To
    I am
    Ing i am really struggling trying to find mym

I.
    Many thanks in advance.
  2. Cas5090

Cas5090 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also struggled to post the above, my cursor kept disappearing.

I was also trying to say i am unable to find where i introduced myself, cannot find where i posted it :(((
  3. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Minimising is a desktop operating thing.

There's several ways to switch between apps:

1) Press the home button and relaunch whichever app you want

2) Use a four finger swipe left or right to cycle thru the currently open apps. If you clicked a link in an email, one four finger swipe right should return from the browser to your email.

3) Use a four finger swipe upwards to show the multitasking bar and reselect the app you want.