What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Hardware requirement for start dev app

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I like to learn how to write a very simple iPad apps. And wish to buy a 3th hand apple pc , can some one tell me :-

Min spec required, and where I can buy from ?

Which is the forum I can seek help ?

Paul

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
MAC Mini is great for this.

I got my MAC Mini just for making iphone apps. It was my first mac, now i'm using it as my main computer. The MAC Mini performs rather well. I got the low end $550 model and upgraded ram to 2 gigs myself.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not so clear. So you start with buy a Mac 550. And upgrade the ram. Develop apps.

And now you have another main computer also Mac . For doing other thing. It is ?

Do you think for me it is better to buy 2nd hand Mac for start ?

Paul

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a used MacBook 2.4GHz 160GB hard drive 2GB memory with 10.6.4 Snow Leopard. I downloaded the IDk and have built some sample and it appears to work great. (I'm also new to Macs.)

Dar

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you show me few line of the script ? I just wanted to know how it look like. How much you spend for the Mac ? Where and how you learn how to write ? As I just wanted to know how to kick start ?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I got a mac mini for $550.

used it to develop apps and its been great.
I have come to like the mac mini so much that I now use it as my main computer for doing everything and just recently upgraded it from 1gig of ram to two since you can never have to much ram.

I have retired my windows PC to act as a web server.

What background in programming do you have? Have you ever done any C++, Objective C, or PHP? If so you should be able to pick it up rather quickly.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't hv know about c++ or php only know basic vb . I already have some thing in mind to develop. Mainly switch screen . For start.

Mac mini = Mac mini desktop computer

Mac book = Mac note book

It is correct ?

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My MacBook was used and cost me $650, but I think I got a good deal on it. (It's 2.4Ghz, 2 Meg RAM, 160GB hard drive, and included a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.) I think it's perfect for iPad development.

I am a Flash/AS3 Developer by profression and have a few years C/C++ job experience as well. I'm not expecting much difficulty learning Objectivd-C.

Most reactions

Latest posts