Mini 4 advantages

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by doris ganton, Aug 10, 2017.

1. PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hi Doris.
    If your printer is Apple compatible you don't need to use a USB stick.
    If your printer is not Apple compatible you may still get it to print.
    Example I have an old Brother printer non Apple. But Brother has an app that allows it to print from an iPad.
    In my case I turn on WiFi and enable Hot Spot.
    Then "tune" the printer into the WiFi. (Only need to do once).
    If you buy another printer make sure it is Apple compatible and life will be real easy!

2. PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hi Doris.
    Sorry I misread your post.
    Hope you new printer works fine!

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi again Doris - from your comments above and below, appears that you prefer the smaller footprint of the Mini, so by all means the Mini 4 (shown in the previous specs) is your best choice - I would strongly suggest that you purchase at least the 64 GB model. Concerning a 'trade-in', you'll have to discuss that w/ Apple - they do sell refurbished models; also, you can sell your old Mini yourself (plenty of options) or donate the device to family, friend, or a charity.

Concerning your printer, I'm assuming that it was likely AirPrint compatible (or one w/ a proprietary app which mimics AirPrint?). Make sure that you re-power your printer, modem, and router along w/ resetting your iPad - printing capability may return. Also I hope that your 'new' printer has AirPrint (see the link for compatible models); finally you could email your file to your friend for printing - SciFan.. has already discussed the issues w/ plugging in devices to the charging port.

All issues in your last post above have been addressed. Keep in mind that the Mini 4 is still 2 years old from its original release date - not sure what plans Apple has for a 'newer' model - my wife has a Mini 4 which is currently working well, and she also enjoys the small footprint, so I may have to deal w/ the same situation next year or so? Good luck - Dave :)

4. speedlever

speedlever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Doris, when my iPad mini2 broke last December (2016), I was able to get a trade-in at BestBuy on a new iPad Pro 9.7. The mini2 was otherwise pristine, but the home button quit working and the repair costs were too much relative to the cost of a new ipad, especially with the trade in value. As I found a nice sale on the iPad Pro, and along with the trade-in, I spent much less than I thought I would. But it still ain't cheap!