What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minecraft Pocket Edition questions

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a few questions about the Minecraft Pocket Edition game, as it costs $6.99 and I want to know a few things about it from someone who has it downloaded before I buy it:

1. Does the Survival mode include Peaceful mode? This could be a deciding factor as I tend to be more cautious and don't want creepers and spiders all over the place :)

2. Does the Survival mode include Crafting, Food?

3. Can you create/connect to online servers?

*I noticed the Lite version (which I have downloaded) does not seem to include these features (at least not that I've noticed), so I'm wondering if these features are present in the full version.

Are there any features that are not present from the desktop version?

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not as fully featured as the PC version, but they are progressively adding more each update. The Pocket Edition does have crafting, and yes, you do need to eat food in survival. The maps are specifically for Pocket Edition, they are not the same as the PC version - they can only have a set size due to space limitations on an iOS device. That being said, you can join someone else's world if they are currently playing on the same wifi network. Any world you create can be shared as well for others to join.

To be honest, I have not played Pocket Edition in ages, as I'm more likely to play real Minecraft on my Mac. It is fun to co-OP with others in a survival world. I'm not sure if you can turn off mobs in survival, but creative has none.

EDIT: confirmed, Survival is with mobs and Creative is without. No options to turn them off in Survival

Last edited:
OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not as fully featured as the PC version, but they are progressively adding more each update. The Pocket Edition does have crafting, and yes, you do need to eat food in survival. The maps are specifically for Pocket Edition, they are not the same as the PC version - they can only have a set size due to space limitations on an iOS device. That being said, you can join someone else's world if they are currently playing on the same wifi network. Any world you create can be shared as well for others to join.

To be honest, I have not played Pocket Edition in ages, as I'm more likely to play real Minecraft on my Mac. It is fun to co-OP with others in a survival world. I'm not sure if you can turn off mobs in survival, but creative has none.

EDIT: confirmed, Survival is with mobs and Creative is without. No options to turn them off in Survival
Pulled up this video on peaceful mode for Pocket Edition, apparently there's a setting? Not showing up in the lite app...

Video:
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MtDz6OTCRDs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMtDz6OTCRDs[/video]

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading though your post and watching online videos I have decided to buy it. Thank you very much for your input! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have fun, Goofy. My kid and his friends play it all the time. They beg me to join in, then kill me immediately. No wonder I can't get into it.

Most reactions

Latest posts