1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mifi wireless router

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jasper@xntric, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Jasper@xntric

Jasper@xntric iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I currently own an iPad 1 wifi, and can't afford the 3G, I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the mifi wireless router is any good?
    Thanks jasper@xntric
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Not sure which particular model you're referring to but I have the Huawei E585 and it's great - very sensitive, can support up to 5 attached (tethered) computers or iPads, has a great display that shows signal strength, number of attached computers and what type of signal it's getting. Battery life is about 5 hours. No complicated set-up - switch on and go. Several carriers are offering deals on this model with their data plans.

Tim
  3. Deggy

Deggy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

The mifi from 3 is excellent. Despite just having picked up the 3G 64GB iPad 2 I will still keep my mifi for laptop connection. I have an iPhone 4 with tethering but the mifi performs the task much better.