What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MIDI vs MusicXML? Which one should I use?

Pianovation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I'd having an Ipad App developed. I need to play either a rhythm (or melody) via an MusicXML file or a MIDI file and then validate that the user has repeated the rhythm correctly in the next measure of the backing track playing at the same time.

Are there any ready-made kits that might do this. ie play MusicXML or MIDI and then validate the timing of user input against the MusicXML or MIDI file. The MusicXML format would give us the added bonus of being able to display the rhythm in musical notation whereas if we used MIDI we'd have to supply an extra field to display the associated musical notation.

Thanks for any advice on this issue.

Cheers,
Rhea

OP
P

Pianovation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I be feeling despondent that my question has received over 100 views and no one has replied? Is this not an easy question to answer?

Thanks
Rhea

Most reactions

Latest posts