Microsoft word publishers apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by akintomide, Apr 10, 2011.

1. akintomide

akintomide iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a writer. Surprisingly I am addicted to using the Microsoft Office Publishers for editing my books. I have done a lot using this application now that I am suffering from withdrawal syndrome anytime I am on my iPad. Here I am enjoying every bit of writing except that I can not put my work in publishable format without first going to my laptop. I have tried many apps; iWork, DropBox, QuickOffice, Pages, Documents on the Go and many others. The problem I have with each of these apps is that it is not easy to edit any file written with .pub extension on any of them. Even the Log Me In that assisted me in editing PowerPoint online could not allow me to edit the Publisher. What I do now is to use any of the apps that is compatible with MS Words and then cut and paste to my Publisher's page. But this is hectic and take the shine off my iPad.

Can someone help, please.

Akintomide
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    We have had this question come up before and, so far, no one has been able to suggest an app that can handle Microsoft Publisher files. The only way around the problem, I guess, would be to use a remote desktop app that allows you access to MS Publisher on your laptop remotely.

It's not a good solution - probably not much better, if at all, than the one you're using already. I suspect that the user base for Microsoft Publisher is simply too small to make it interesting for a developer from a commercial standpoint

Tim
  3. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Even Apple has been surprised at all the uses people have found for their iPads.
    Until some form of alternative appears your going to have to deal with "workarounds".....
  4. akintomide

akintomide iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tim and Thanks Hasty. Yes, I will continue to make use of the method in the mean time.

Akintomide
  5. blessed

blessed iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    NOTEBOOK APP:
    I'm looking for an appt just like a regular notebook with dividers (subjects) and tabs. Does anyone know if this app exists?
  6. muglich

muglich iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Notebook app

Check out Microsoft OneNote. There's also an iPad app that will sync things between each. I used OneNote for a couple of years and was very pleased when they came out with an iPad app for it. Looks exactly like a notebook.