What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft word, excel and power point

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can get CloudOn or Onlive desktop. Both apps give you office on an iPad. Rumors are that office for iOS will be available in early 2013.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is the most recent report on MS Office for the iPad.

Exclusive: Microsoft Office for iPhone, iPad, and Android revealed | The Verge

Note that it will require a subscription to Office 365 for all features and will not have all the features (or even most from the sounds of it) of the desktop version.

My take on it:

I think it will be a nice app for those who already live in the Office 365 world and need/want a mobile window into that ecosystem.

It will probably be no better than the current offerings when it comes to being a stand alone app on the iPad. I will probably be nearly 100% MS Office compatible (with in the feature set), but offer fewer iPad native features than the more mature offerings like QuickOffice, Office HD, Documents to Go, Polaris Office, and the iWorks suite.

That's a guess, of course. We'll have to wait and see what actually happens.

{see how I snuck in those other Office like app options?} ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts