What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft starts iPad trade-in program, offers at least $200

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad-trade-in-program-microsoft-578-80.jpg

​
Microsoft is known to run a lot of anti-iPad commercials to promote its own devices or those of its partners. But now, the Redmond company is trying a new strategy, starting an iPad trade-in program at some of its brick-and-mortar stores in the US, Puerto Rico and Canada. Microsoft will only accept "gently used" Apple tablets, but the first iPad is not included in the trade-in program. In exchange, you are entitled to a gift card worth of at least two hundred dollars.

Microsoft further recommends that you use those $200 to purchase a Surface tablet or “other cool products at the Microsoft storeâ€. The program has kickstarted on September 5 and will run until October 27, 2​​013. The iPad trade-in program is only available at Microsoft’s physical retail stores and not online. Microsoft reminds that your iPad should come with a power cord and it should not be password protected.

The Surface RT tablet comes with pre-installed touch-enabled versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and currently starts at $349 while the Surface Pro runs Windows desktop programs, with a price starting at $799. However, Microsoft is also expected to unveil its next-gen Surface tablets at a press event on September 23rd, so if you are curious, maybe you should wait until then.

We’re not sure if $200 is a good or bad deal for you, but just for reference, you should know that Gazelle is promising $150 for the WiFi-only iPad 2 in "good condition" while Amazon now offers $240.

But the question remains: what will Microsoft do with the traded-in iPads?

Source: Microsoft

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So trade my superior iPad for an inferior RT um yeah and I can trade my stereo system for an 8 Track!

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a Microsoft store in Christiana mall in Delaware- just around the corner form the Apple store- apple store always buzzing - Microsoft store( install sound of crickets) I walked around for 20 minutes- could not figure out prices of any of the devices there and was hard pressed to get the attention of an employee- anybody who has walked into an apple store is greeted within minutes- i found it easy to understand the pricing right away( this was when i was just planning on switching from PC to Apple- )

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Desperadoes LMAO!!!!

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a Microsoft store in Christiana mall in Delaware- just around the corner form the Apple store- apple store always buzzing - Microsoft store( install sound of crickets) I walked around for 20 minutes- could not figure out prices of any of the devices there and was hard pressed to get the attention of an employee- anybody who has walked into an apple store is greeted within minutes- i found it easy to understand the pricing right away( this was when i was just planning on switching from PC to Apple- )

You won't be sorry, I love my iMac; I hardly use it cuz I am always on my ipad, but I love it. I use a pro at work. ;)

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, Microsoft just doesn't get it. No one is going to trade in a jet fighter for a paper airplane.

Too funny

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is dodgy way of Microsoft employees getting hold of iPads for thier personal use, why don't hey just go to an Apple shop like every one else and just buy the ipad from there LoooL :):):)

London, UK

Most reactions