What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Remote Desktop Login

Johnny8718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

Could anyone tell me how to log in to my daughters school profile on the iPad 2?

We have no issues with our Windows laptop, which seems to connect via win zip. However, prior to taking the final plunge and buying the mighty mac, is there any way that we can log on using the iPad?

The schools system states that the os is not supported, tries to open in evernote and it all goes wrong from there.

You help would be very much appreciated! Yet again!

John.

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the app store and download Teamviewer. Then on the PC go to teamviewer.com and download the program for the PC. Works great.

OP
J

Johnny8718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. However I think you've missed my point - my fault!

My daughter (in fact all kids at her school) have their own profile on the schools computer system (windows based). I think the term is 'remote access to the shared drive'.

She can visit the website at home and log in to the shared drive from there with a user name and password. This works fine with a windows PC but won't work with the iPad as the system doesn't seem to recognize anything non windows based.

Any ideas?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may want to look into a browser that spoofs it's browser ID this sometimes tricks the website to show content that is not normally supported. Try icab, it's a great browser.

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what makes Teamviewer great. Use the iPad to remote to the home PC then login to the school account. You can also log in from any other PC from the Teamviewer website.

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used Splashtop before Teamviewer but prefer Teamviewer because I am not limited to using my iPad. I can connect PC to PC or iPad to PC.

Highlander2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - Splashtop now has a PC client as well as iPad client. Splashtop is faster and carries sound too!

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the Ssplashtop Internet access still experimental? I had it until they upgraded then I could no longer access over the Internet. That is why I started using Teamviewer.

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highlander2011 said:
FYI - Splashtop now has a PC client as well as iPad client. Splashtop is faster and carries sound too!

And video too!

tglaze said:
Is the Ssplashtop Internet access still experimental? I had it until they upgraded then I could no longer access over the Internet. That is why I started using Teamviewer.

I access it over the internet, it works great!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Wow, no one reads. Except maybe, adiosamigo... The OP has no control to how the remote computers are set up. They cannot install Teamviewer or Splashtop or Logmein at all. Forget all that.

There are a number of browsers you can try that MAY allow access. The issue is with the browser (iPad's Safari) not allowing applications to run in its window. Try Opera, Skyfire, Atomic, iCab if you want, but I dont think they will help in this instance.

If you are wanting to know if you can connect from a Mac, go to the Apple Store and try. Also, on the Mac (unlike the iPad) you can install and run Firefox with all of its addons and Safari will offer full blown support for Flash, Java, Javascript.

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Wow, no one reads. Except maybe, adiosamigo... The OP has no control to how the remote computers are set up. They cannot install Teamviewer or Splashtop or Logmein at all. Forget all that.

There are a number of browsers you can try that MAY allow access. The issue is with the browser (iPad's Safari) not allowing applications to run in its window. Try Opera, Skyfire, Atomic, iCab if you want, but I dont think they will help in this instance.

If you are wanting to know if you can connect from a Mac, go to the Apple Store and try. Also, on the Mac (unlike the iPad) you can install and run Firefox with all of its addons and Safari will offer full blown support for Flash, Java, Javascript.

He can always VPN into his windows pc/laptop's browser via logmein, splashtop etc and then loginto his daughters site from there. A roundabout way but should work nonetheless .

Or am I missing something?

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tglaze said:
That's what makes Teamviewer great. Use the iPad to remote to the home PC then login to the school account. You can also log in from any other PC from the Teamviewer website.

I stated before, you would log into the home laptop that had access to the school account. So Somerled you may want to read more carefully.

Last edited:
OP
J

Johnny8718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the many replies. I am still lost though.

I don't want to log in via another PC or Mac. I want to log in JUST with the iPad.

I take it this is looking like a negative?

Furthermore. I am looking to by an iMac later this year. Would it be the same issue that I still cannot log in as the server she is logging into is not Apple based?

Sorry about this, but I am lost with all the jargon!

John.

Most reactions