What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Prepares to Launch its Own iPad Rival

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever it takes to bring the price of apple products down gets my thumbs up!

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm..Microsoft unveils another original. I hope Microsoft gets it right and will get a major success for them.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
There are plenty of ways to synch non-Apple tablets to various gadgets. What makes you think otherwise?

My pictures automatically push. I download an app or a song and it's in shows up on all of my devices. I'm not aware of other products that can do that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing another tablet could never do is sync with my computer, tv and phone. This feature is one of the many reasons I love Apple products!

There are plenty of ways to synch non-Apple tablets to various gadgets. What makes you think otherwise?

My pictures automatically push. I download an app or a song and it's in shows up on all of my devices. I'm not aware of other products that can do that.

There's no unified ecosystem by another manufacturer, but there are ways to do what you're talking about. Dropbox lets you autoload photos, for instance. You can buy music via Amazon cloud player that's accessible across devices. You can share Android apps across devices. And so on.

To say that another tablet will "never" offer similar features is laughable. Tech evolves quickly, and "never" is infinite.

It's true that Apple makes it convenient to own all its devices and share your content, but many consumers don't want to do everything Apple's way, or to buy all of Apple's devices.

There also are things that iPad can't do, which other tablets allow. It comes down to needs and preferences, which is why having more competition is good for consumers. Even if you love Apple, you're better off with competition, because it adds pressure for improvement.

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big computer tablet? The original Surface is the size of a desk. While it was a touchscreen, I don't think it qualifies as a tablet Computer.

Yeah ! It size was of desk but It was registered as "big computer tablet" In Its patent. At that time It sounds crazy to make Tablet computers, people were satisfied by their laptops only and especially to make a desk size tablet doesn't make a sense as It Is difficult to carry ever where.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah ! It size was of desk but It was registered as "big computer tablet" In Its patent. At that time It sounds crazy to make Tablet computers, people were satisfied by their laptops only and especially to make a desk size tablet doesn't make a sense as It Is difficult to carry ever where.

Ok, now I understand.

Heh, only Microsoft would call a desk a tablet. I'm sure someone in their marketing department thought that associating a desk sized gee-wiz product with their PC tablets would help sell them both.

Or maybe the person who wrote the patent meant table, and the spellchecker helped him out.

Yes, "big computer table" sounds about right. ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok, now I understand.

Heh, only Microsoft would call a desk a tablet. I'm sure someone in their marketing department thought that associating a desk sized gee-wiz product with their PC tablets would help sell them both.

Or maybe the person who wrote the patent meant table, and the spellchecker helped him out.

I guess their biggest problem was that desktop has already been done.......deskbottom sounds, well, not quite as attractive! They could have tried with tableit?

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Surface was actually a fairly good name for it. I'm not so sure it works as well for the real tablets. Then again Pad was also ridiculed rather harshly to begin with. I doubt Surface will provide nearly as much material for the comedians.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That deserves punishment!

Doesn't have to be good the first time. When ever a Microsoft product gets tabled, it usually resurfaces later.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
That deserves punishment!

Doesn't have to be good the first time. When ever a Microsoft product gets tabled, it usually resurfaces later.

I'm thinking I've just witnessed an epic pun?

The Archangel

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, now I understand.

Yeah ! There are many organizations in the world working for project which can replace our computers, tablets and they are reinventing computers. As per the rumors MIT labs is working on different surfaces which can be used as tablets.

Most reactions

Latest posts