Microsoft Office for iPad About to be Submitted to App Store

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 21, 2012.

By Maura on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [FONT=&amp]
    [​IMG]

Fantastic news today from The Daily, which has an exclusive scoop with all the details about the long-awaited Microsoft Office iPad app. According to The Daily, the app is finished and ready to be submitted to Apple for approval, which means that a release is imminent (assuming it’s approved by Apple, of course!). Matt Hickey at The Daily writes that he has actually had hands-on time with a working prototype of the app, and he says that the interface is similar to that of the OneNote app, and that it has certain similarities with design language Metro, which has been used in Windows Phone design and the soon-to-be-released Windows 8 OS. He doesn’t have much more in-depth information about the app at the moment, such as the all-important price point, and whether or not you will be able to buy the various components separately, but he is able to say that Word, Excel and PowerPoint files can all be created and edited locally as well as online. Look for it to launch within weeks. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Suite anticipation - WWW.THEDAILY.COM, via AppleInsider[/FONT]

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 21, 2012.

1. MikesTooLz
      MikesTooLz
      Back when the original ipad came out, microsoft said the reason they would not make Office for the iPad is simply because they refuse to give apple 30% of the sales for Microsoft Office.

So if they were to actualy release it, then they would now be willing to give apple 30% of their sales.

Besides, whats wring with the iWorks apps for ipad? Also I'm guessing microsoft is going to have a much larger price point. You will need to purchase all of them since its not deviced out per app(acording to the picture, if it is real).
    2. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      The early rumors stated that they would charge about $10 per app; very competitive with the iWorks apps. And since the iPads have taken off I'm thinking the 70% sounds a lot more lucrative than 0% :)

I'm also thinking that if Microsoft does it right, the iPad versions will or can be linked to Office360, making the whole package much more tempting for business customers and the big money.
    3. lmsolutionsapp
      lmsolutionsapp
      If this gone release for only $10 i buy, but I don't believe yet.
    4. MikesTooLz
      MikesTooLz
      What if Microsoft is denying it because they plan to announce the partnership with apple at the iPad 3 launch and demo the app.
    5. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      Then we've got about two more weeks of speculation to get through; assuming the speculated on announcement date and it's subject are also correct. ;)
    6. Andrew117
      Andrew117
      Wow, that's wonderful. Thank you!
    7. Spugnut
      Spugnut
      I agree. 70% of a huge new market is significantly more that 100% of nothing!
    8. Psycholist
      Psycholist
      I had bought Pages (it does do MW docs etc) the day I got my iPad 2. Can't get my wife and kids on Pages on my iMac (so far my wife hasn't touch the iPad Pages) for the life of me so I gave that up. MW is not my cup of tea (I myself use Indesign) but if MW comes out for iPad I will buy it but for no more than say $10 and only if reviews are great. Gotta keep the family happy eh?
    9. LUFC1919
      LUFC1919
      Hi, the MS App is in the app store now ... Free of charge ..
    10. Gabriel1
      Gabriel1
      Is it, I just looked and couldn't find it?

The Archangel