What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office Coming to iOS After March 2013

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Microsoft_Office.JPG

An iOS version of Microsoft Office has been rumoured for some time now, and despite Microsoft’s denials of its existence back when the first rumours broke, AppleInsider reports that a Microsoft product manager in the Czech Republic has told IHNED that we can expect to see an iOS version of Microsoft Office some time after March 2013. According to the report, Petr Bobek actually made the statement in a press release issued by Microsoft’s Czech Republic Team, which referred to Windows (naturally!), Mac, Android and Symbian versions of Office as well as the iOS version. As AppleInsider notes, a release date that goes past March is actually quite a slip from the previous rumoured release dates, which included November 10, 2012. AppleInsider says that it has heard that Outlook functionality will not be included in the iOS app, but it will include the ability to create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.

Source: Microsoft Office coming to Apple's iOS, Google's Android after March 2013 - report

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Except that it won't be the true MS Office, just some scaled down version of it.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah more likely but still would be curious what features it will have compared to what's out there now.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Except that it won't be the true MS Office, just some scaled down version of it.

Not a problem as long as it provides better cross-platform file compatibility than what's out there now.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A while back, I read an article about this that said it would be free. I don't think so...

Sent from my MacBook using Chromium

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A while back, I read an article about this that said it would be free. I don't think so...

Sent from my MacBook using Chromium

Office on the iPad will likely be $19.99 per module...

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Office on the iPad will likely be $19.99 per module...

Would like to see $9.99, but you may be right. MS do not like to play by other team's accepted rules.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

robin.cole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
An iOS version of Microsoft Office has been rumoured for some time now, and despite MicrosoftÂ’s denials of its existence back when the first rumours broke, AppleInsider reports that a Microsoft product manager in the Czech Republic has told IHNED that we can expect to see an iOS version of Microsoft Office some time after March 2013. According to the report, Petr Bobek actually made the statement in a press release issued by MicrosoftÂ’s Czech Republic Team, which referred to Windows (naturally!), Mac, Android and Symbian versions of Office as well as the iOS version. As AppleInsider notes, a release date that goes past March is actually quite a slip from the previous rumoured release dates, which included November 10, 2012. AppleInsider says that it has heard that Outlook functionality will not be included in the iOS app, but it will include the ability to create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.

Source: Microsoft Office coming to Apple's iOS, Google's Android after March 2013 - report

About time to , we have more and more tech ,but it never keeps up unless it is a money generator, office including outlook should be part of the essential startup package. How much simpler would this make life?

Most reactions

Latest posts