What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office Apps for iPad Already Hit 12 Million Downloads

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
8856-255-140403-Office-12M-l.png

Microsoft has been reluctant to the idea that they should release Microsoft Office apps for the iPad especially under the helm of the previous CEO, Steve Ballmer. Now, under Satya Nadella’s lead, the company seems to be rejuvenating thanks to the new changes. Shortly after the release of iPad specific Microsoft Office applications, they were already included in top downloaded apps from the App Store. And now, the Microsoft Office team announced on Twitter that there have been more than 12 million downloads since the release:

More than 12 million downloads of Word, Excel, PPT & OneNote for #iPad from the @AppStore <3

We can see that in just one week, Microsoft has managed to please millions of iPad users all over the world and this number is bound to increase even more in the future. All of the three apps - Microsoft Word for iPad, Microsoft Excel for iPad and Microsoft PowerPoint for iPad can be downloaded for free, but in order to create and edit files, you will need a Office 365 subscription.

Another big drawback is the fact that there’s no way to print the files with the free apps, but Microsoft hinted that this could be taken care off in a future update. Are you among those who have downloaded Microsoft Office apps for the iPad? And if you are, what is your impression and what do you think can be improved? Let us know by leaving your comment below.

Source: AppleInsider

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see the figures on how many of those 12,000,000 downloaders went on to pay the annual subscription fee. That would be a more accurate measure of it's success.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sprung for a year. You can get it for $67 for a year on amazon.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see the figures on how many of those 12,000,000 downloads went on to pay the annual subscription fee. That would be a more accurate measure of it's success.

exactly :thumbs::thumbs: As usual, Microsoft is not stating whether people paid for it or not, i suspect its the latter, because MS would have gloated it as an achievement if so many people paid :p

Most reactions

Latest posts