What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Launches Outlook as a Free App on iPad and iPhone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Outlook.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that Microsoft has today released an Outlook client for iPad and iPhone. The free-to-download, 22.5-megabyte app works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.

The app gives you a unified view of your email calendar, contacts, and attachments, and automatically surfaces your most important messages from all your email accounts. You can then swipe to delete, archive, or schedule messages that you want to save looking at until later.

The easy view of Calendar lets you share available times and schedule times for meetings. You can attach files to Calendar from email, OneDrive, or Dropbox.

Here are the app’s main features:

· Manage your inbox

o Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your "Other" inbox.

o Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.

o Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.

· Your calendar built-in

o Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.

o Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.

· Attachments made easy

o View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.

o Send large files even if you haven't downloaded them to your phone.

· Find anything fast

o Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.

o Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.

o Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.

The app replaces Outlook Web Access on iPhone and iPad.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/01/29/microsoft-outlook-debuts-as-free-download-for-iphone-ipad

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have installed the Outlook app and like it. I am now wondering when I will be able to get my POP Verizon mail accounts added to Outlook. MM

I just downloaded so far so good. This is better than google calendar and easier to access. Fortunately google calendar seems to synch well with outlook. It doesn't sync on my Mac though.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just downloaded so far so good. This is better than google calendar and easier to access. Fortunately google calendar seems to synch well with outlook. It doesn't sync on my Mac though.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

I just installed Outlook on my iPad and was amazed at how it looks just like another app I have called Acompli.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just installed Outlook on my iPad and was amazed at how it looks just like another app I have called Acompli.

Argh... Just did a little research and have discovered that Acompli was acquired by Microsoft. Let's hope that Microsoft doesn't spoil a good thing....

Most reactions

Latest posts