What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft exchange issue on ios 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrredcoat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my work email setup using Microsoft exchange. Just got this email from corporate:

Hello,

It has come to our attention that you may have an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone running an iOS version (either 6.1 or 6.1.1 for example) which has the potential of introducing corrupt items to our backend Exchange Email servers to the extreme it may cause outages. We ask that you please upgrade to iOS version 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 immediately. This should be possible over the air by checking for updates on the phone or pad.

We will run another audit check the week of 4/15. If we see that your device does not have a minimum iOS of 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 we will have to take the action of deactivating your wireless access in order to prevent a negative impact to our Corporate Email Exchange servers.

Regards,
Corporate-Webmail

Anyway I can make my iPad look like latest version to them?

Thanks in advance for any help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have my work email setup using Microsoft exchange. Just got this email from corporate:

Hello,

It has come to our attention that you may have an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone running an iOS version (either 6.1 or 6.1.1 for example) which has the potential of introducing corrupt items to our backend Exchange Email servers to the extreme it may cause outages. We ask that you please upgrade to iOS version 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 immediately. This should be possible over the air by checking for updates on the phone or pad.

We will run another audit check the week of 4/15. If we see that your device does not have a minimum iOS of 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 we will have to take the action of deactivating your wireless access in order to prevent a negative impact to our Corporate Email Exchange servers.

Regards,
Corporate-Webmail

Anyway I can make my iPad look like latest version to them?

Thanks in advance for any help

iPadForums will never encourage any of our members to hack their devices in order to deliberately deceive their employers when devices have been provided by your place of work, or are otherwise configured to use your corporate services. It seems as though your work is making a perfectly acceptable request, so you have a choice to make.
We won't assist you to deliberately deceive them and potentially cause the serious issues which they highlight to you in the email above. They are not lying to you. IOS contained serious Exchange bugs which were resolved in IOS 6.1.2.

/THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts