1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Microsoft Exchange email- need to archive but don't have a laptop

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by shakamaker, Aug 24, 2012.

1. shakamaker

shakamaker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,
    I have a work email account through Microsoft Exchange but they have only issued me with an iPad, I don't have a laptop. 99.9% of the time I love this, but on this occasion I can't see how to archive
    emails from my iPad without a laptop. They have a ridiculous limit of 2GB on the email server so mine
    is almost full. I don't want to delete emails because they are important but not sure what option I
    have. My IT team have no idea, and don't seem to care!
    Can any of the great contributors help me to 'store' emails from the exchange server? I have a gmail
    account and I am happy to 'move' them there if I am able.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,662 / 0
    You could install your Gmail account on the iPad. Then, you can set up folders and move the emails from your work account (on the iPad) over to the Gmail account. All of this can be done on the iPad.

That's what I would do (assuming your work allows you to install your personal Gmail account on the iPad...

Marilyn
  3. shakamaker

shakamaker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Mickey- I wasn't aware I could do that but have just set up my gmail account on the iPad and transferred the emails across. It's
    fairly slow going because you can't 'choose all' when you move but it did work.
    Thank you for your help