What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone?

Reaction score
The iPad 1 has an inbuilt microphone, but the recorded sound has a very low volume, if the speaker is further away, i.e. in a lecture theatre.

Will the iPad 2 have the same microphone? Or are there some improvements to be expected?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wll have a built in mictophone. Not sure if its exact same one. Doubt it though. Either way, plenty of recording apps that cuts up the recoring volume or mic sensitivity. Voice memos and tsa are good apps for recording coversations, lectures or whateva. U could also try notes plus which lets u write down or type notes and has a built in audio recorder to have audio accompany those notes also. Best of both worlds.

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
jhood2323 said:
Try the headset that came with your phone

The iPad comes with a headset? I am pretty sure, mine only came with a USB cable and the wall-charger

Demandarin said:
It wll have a built in mictophone. Not sure if its exact same one. Doubt it though. Either way, plenty of recording apps that cuts up the recoring volume or mic sensitivity. Voice memos and tsa are good apps for recording coversations, lectures or whateva. U could also try notes plus which lets u write down or type notes and has a built in audio recorder to have audio accompany those notes also. Best of both worlds.
Would you know of any app that increases mic sensitivity, or just the recording volume?

I have tried Notes Plus, but the playback volume is very low, even at max volume.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you're iPad did not come with a set of earbuds, but what he was saying is that the earbuds that come with an iPhone has a microphone built in. These are available from Apple or any number of 3rd party vendors also make earbuds with microphones (that are also cheaper than the ones from Apple).

MB770

Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll probably either have to get to the lecture early and sit in front, or get a directional microphone you can plug into the iPad. No little build in microphone is going to have a lot of sensitivity, or if it does you'll pick up every noise around you.

Most reactions

Latest posts