What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone problem

Thomasx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My new Ipad 3 4g 64gb has microphone problems, I tried skype and two other apps, one dB meter and one recording app, both with mic level indicators.

When trying skype, the person in the other end hear nothing "There's no sound at all" is the impression. If I tap the ipad over the mic, some noise can be heard in the other end.
When trying the two other apps, same thing, talking and other sounds does not give any indication, if I tap the Ipad, some indication can be seen on the level indicator.

Anyone with similar problems?
Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanx

Thomas

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read up on the manual about dictation. Then try using it. If it does not do anything, you may have a bad microphone, and should take it back to Apple.

OP
T

Thomasx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, now I have tried four different things, and none works. Conclusion, broken iPad out of the box.

Most reactions