What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microfiber cleaning cloth?

Nexo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got back from purchasing the apple iPad case. It's great, it was 39 euro and it came with a cloth to clean the screen. There were an assortment of cases but I always rather buy official accessories from apple. I look for the white packaging. :D

Agreed!

although this Otterbox does sound great!

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steviesouthpaw said:
I work for a school district that purchased 7 I pads and one was temporarily put under my responsibility. Because of this I'm now about to pull the trigger on my own! The one I have came to me with a microfiber cleaning cloth with Apple's logo on it that is the exact same size as the I pad screen. Does that come packaged with the device or is it sold separately?

I had one of those things but don't remember if it came with my iPad or my MacBook Pro
If you, or better yet the school, spring for iKlear, the Apple approved cleaning kit for everything apple, you will get a bunch of cloths although they are app bulkier than the black apple one

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you all clean screen when dry or mist slightly then use mf cloth?

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tnbug said:
Do you all clean screen when dry or mist slightly then use mf cloth?

I have an anti-glare screen protector on mine and a ZAGG Invisible Shield on the back. Most of the time I clean both side with the iKlear kit I got from Apple. But when I am not at my desk where the kit lives and the iPad is looking bad I use my handkerchief, the bottom of my T-shirt, or just the heel of my hand.

screwdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a pack of 30 at costco for $8 in the car care section. They work great. and were dirt cheap

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and links.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not certain you should worry about cleaning cloths.
Ours get heavy usage and have only been wiped ocassionally
with paper towels or baby wipes.
Screens in perfect condition.
Reckon the gorilla glass lives up to it's name.
Grit and dirty hands will be your biggest problem....

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt get a cleaning cloth. A decent sleeve, screen protector, cleaning cloth, and ear buds should come with every Ipad.

geep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to high jack this microfiber thread but before i got my apple case which came with a cloth, i used ziess brand lens cleaning clothes in individual packets purchased at WM....these appear to contain alcohol since they feel cool and evaporate very quickly.....are these harmful to the iPad screen?

OP
S

Steviesouthpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HiLandR said:
I would like to see some with an Apple logo on them.

You can get those with the Apple case but good luck asking them to sell one separately. I finally saw one for a measly dollar at Walmart in the cheap sunglasses section. It's perfecto and only a dollar! That's how you find these guys: look for lens cloths for glasses...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Grats on the girl 1Million.
Girls are best as they love their daddies and aren't as noisy as boys (yet).

Just get all the usage you can out of the iPad as once she learns how to use it you can wave it goodbye.

Most reactions

Latest posts