1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

MHunt

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by mhunt, Dec 10, 2013.

1. mhunt

mhunt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad screen has a mind of its own - is there a fix
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,902 / 1
    What exactly is happening? Do apps open and close by themselves? Does the keyboard come up by itself and start typing?
  3. mhunt

mhunt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be on my iPad - reading or maps or just doing email and then all of sudden - the book may change pages or even just close. The maps will go to another screen. The email will change to another email. I was playing a game and the screen just took over and started moving the letters just where ever it wanted. I have look on the internet and they are calling it ghost movement. But I can't find a way to fix it. I was a Best Buy yesterday and one of the people at the Geek Squad said for me to back up my iPad and then do a factory restore from my computer on iTunes. what do you think?
  4. mhunt

mhunt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I forgot the answer to your question is yes - they do open and close by themselves
  5. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,902 / 1
    The most likely cause of your problems is a faulty touchscreen, resulting in random effects like you are experiencing. You should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have a full diagnostic done. Do a full backup before taking in your iPad.

The backup can be used to set up a replacement iPad if your problem is indeed a hardware problem.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013