What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MHunt

mhunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad screen has a mind of its own - is there a fix

OP
M

mhunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What exactly is happening? Do apps open and close by themselves? Does the keyboard come up by itself and start typing?

I will be on my iPad - reading or maps or just doing email and then all of sudden - the book may change pages or even just close. The maps will go to another screen. The email will change to another email. I was playing a game and the screen just took over and started moving the letters just where ever it wanted. I have look on the internet and they are calling it ghost movement. But I can't find a way to fix it. I was a Best Buy yesterday and one of the people at the Geek Squad said for me to back up my iPad and then do a factory restore from my computer on iTunes. what do you think?

OP
M

mhunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot the answer to your question is yes - they do open and close by themselves

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The most likely cause of your problems is a faulty touchscreen, resulting in random effects like you are experiencing. You should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have a full diagnostic done. Do a full backup before taking in your iPad.

The backup can be used to set up a replacement iPad if your problem is indeed a hardware problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts