What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metro Franchise Comes to iOS With Metro 2033 Wars

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Metro 2033 Wars.JPG

Dmitry Glukhovsky’s best-selling novel series Metro 2033 has already spawned a fantastically successfully and critically acclaimed series of PC and console games with Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, which collectively have sold more than eight million units. Now, finally, Metro comes to iOS, with Metro 2033 Wars, an all-new strategy RPG based on Glukhovsky’s novels.

Just like the console games, Metro for iOS is set in an unremittingly grim post-nuclear dystopia deep under the earth in the Moscow Subway. The gameplay is more turn-based strategy than first-person shooter, however, with the developers, TapStar, saying that they were influence by Fallout 1 and 2 and the early XCom series, which gives you a good idea of what to expect.
“I have always dreamt about an RPG created off my Metro novels” said Glukhovsky. “The setting was a perfect fit: various factions fighting for survival and dominance in the tunnels and stations of Moscow subway, the humanity’s only refuge after a nuclear war….But what DaSuppa made with Tapstar’s help exceeded all my expectations. I definitely recommend it for all of my readers. And it’s a great initiation to the Metro world for those who hasn’t entered it yet.”

“We’re thrilled to finally bring Metro 2033: Wars to mobile platforms” said Chris Gray, TapStar Interactive CEO. “This is a true console game, on mobile, designed to appeal to core gamers. The open-world gameplay has a massively deep tech tree for building squads and stations, rich Metro 2033 lore and a fully developed world that stands on its own. There’s countless gamers searching the app stores for console-like experiences that can travel with them on-the-go, and we believe this is exactly what they are looking for.”

Here are some of the game’s key features:
  • Turn-Based Strategy for Mobile
  • Rich Story and Setting based off the Popular “Metro 2033” Universe
  • Deep Resource Management system for developing the Metro underground and becoming home to your new Faction
  • Make friends or foes of Factions through diplomacy or war
  • Open world gameplay to expand the way you want
  • 25 Units to unlock and collect to build strong battle squads
  • 189 Stations to visit and develop
  • Stunning, high-quality visuals with a unique art style to put you into the desolation of this now Faction-driven world
  • Hours and Hours of story-driven game play
  • Premium Business Model that hard-core gamers want
Click here to download for $7.99:

Most reactions

Latest posts