What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal tray for sim card, same for iPad 2 and 3?

RedBlackBlue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have managed to lose the metal tray for my sim card like the ******* I am. I just want to know if there is any difference between the tray for the iPad 2 and 3, or even iPad 1. I can get my hands on the tray for either of the previous versions but am struggling to find one online for iPad 3 in my country (South Africa).

Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: removed inappropriate language. Please read the iPadforum rules regarding language (I do understand your frustration, btw).

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but it seems unlikely. The curvature of the aluminum case on the iPad 2 and 3rd gen are subtly different. It would probably not fit flush, if it fit at all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is slight thicker. It's not a big difference, but I would not get an iPad 2 SIM tray without someone physically comparing the fit for me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting Apple to see if you can order it directly?

Most reactions

Latest posts