What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messenger question

namsilat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not yet an iPad2 owner, but is very close to pulling the trigger. There were several functions I was looking to use on iPad2, but now I am down to this one question about using iPad2 to video chat with those on my Messenger contacts using Windows based machines.

I read on another thread that the best way to video chat with Messenger contacts on PC is to use Skype, but I thought there's a Windows Live Messenger available for iPad, does it not allow video conferencing.?

I also wonder about "online availability" with my contacts when using iPad2. For example, if I have the iPad2 plugged to a power source and have it on all the time, would my Messenger contacts be able to see me available online around the clock? I apologize for thinking/talking in PC terms, but hopefully my question is not too "out there" for iPad2.

Most reactions