1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Messenger question

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by namsilat, Jul 24, 2011.

1. namsilat

namsilat iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not yet an iPad2 owner, but is very close to pulling the trigger. There were several functions I was looking to use on iPad2, but now I am down to this one question about using iPad2 to video chat with those on my Messenger contacts using Windows based machines.

I read on another thread that the best way to video chat with Messenger contacts on PC is to use Skype, but I thought there's a Windows Live Messenger available for iPad, does it not allow video conferencing.?

I also wonder about "online availability" with my contacts when using iPad2. For example, if I have the iPad2 plugged to a power source and have it on all the time, would my Messenger contacts be able to see me available online around the clock? I apologize for thinking/talking in PC terms, but hopefully my question is not too "out there" for iPad2.