What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messege and facetime

jillian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to register my messages and my FaceTime, it's asking me to enter my apple ID...I do this and then it says please check your wifi setting and try again. I have tried it a number of times it and it just won't work!!!! Please help, it's driving me mad :(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jillian-Welcome!
By chance do you have both Facetime and Imessage turned "on?" In order to do this you need to go to settings/imessage and toggle to on. Do the same for Factime and see if that works.
For imessage and facetime to work with others-my understanding is that they have to have apple devices with the ios5 update to send and receive from these apps. Hopefully that helps you. :D

OP
J

jillian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to turn it on, and it's asking or my apple ID which it's not accepting:( it won't let me turn it on for some reason,

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure you're typing your password and email in properly? This is the only reason why you should be having any difficulty. It may sound silly but people often make mistakes when typing in your account info. Ive hit the comma key before now instead if the full stop and then been bemused when it hasn't worked.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to register my messages and my FaceTime, it's asking me to enter my apple ID...I do this and then it says please check your wifi setting and try again. I have tried it a number of times it and it just won't work!!!! Please help, it's driving me mad :(

Go to your settings and see if what your email address is for both-verify that it is your apple ID vs another email that you use. Try that. :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jillian said:

If you have done what both mr.luke and I suggested--try than to do one of 2 things: force close the app, if no success, than restart your iPad. Than try again. Verify again that you are typing in the correct email and password.

OP
J

jillian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done all of those things and still not working, it's definitely the right apple ID I've used it since I got my iPhone.. It's working for my apps and iTunes when I type it in but just not working for my iMessage and FaceTime, and it's definitely not typed in wrong, I thought that when I put it in and I have re-typed it numerous amount of times! But keeps coming up, check wifi settings! I have checked the wifi settings and it's saying connected! It's not an issue when I type it into iTunes or my app store!
My sister had the same problem at first, but when she left my house to go to hers with her iPad, then she returned back to mine with her iPad it just let her sign in without an issue! very strange and annoying :(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jillian, Since you are new to the forum--I am assuming that you just received your ipad. Therefore, you are in that window where you can call Apple support and see what is really happening. They should be able to walk you through the steps.

Please forgive me when I ask this, but when I get my apps-it asks for my apple ID password. Is it asking for your user name and/or your password? Another question is whether your ipad is a wifi/3g device. And if yes, are you trying to connect with 3g?

brantmohawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I change the email for my apple ID? When I set m,y iPad up it wouldn't accept my email so it suggested an @me.com email. But I can't get my face time and messages to work

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I change the email for my apple ID? When I set m,y iPad up it wouldn't accept my email so it suggested an @me.com email. But I can't get my face time and messages to work

Hi and welcome-are you asking to about changing your email to receive and send iMessages and facetime? Go to settings/FaceTime and it will give you an option to change your email address. It will also show the current email you used for your iTunes account. This is the same process for iMessages as well.

brantmohawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi and welcome-are you asking to about changing your email to receive and send iMessages and facetime? Go to settings/FaceTime and it will give you an option to change your email address. It will also show the current email you used for your iTunes account. This is the same process for iMessages as well.

Thank you, I did try that but it won't let me use my regular email as we used it for my husbands iPhone. We only have one email.

Most reactions