What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messages vs. Email on my iPad 4

Vaulting Mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the difference between Messages and Email on my new iPad. Is the Messages icon just for a quick outgoing email from your default set email address? Tried a test (I thought anyway) but nothing showed up in my Mail inbox? Thanks. Mike

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vaulting Mike said:
Not sure I understand the difference between Messages and Email on my new iPad. Is the Messages icon just for a quick outgoing email from your default set email address? Tried a test (I thought anyway) but nothing showed up in my Mail inbox? Thanks. Mike

Text messaging systems such as iMessage are completely separate from email. They don't show up in your email inbox, they appear in the messages app, even though you used the recipients email address as the contact.

Most reactions

Latest posts