What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messages green icon apps after iOS5 instalLation

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

May i check how can I activate the message icon apps where i can use my ipad2 to whatsapps my friends please?
I realised that after the iOs 5 installation, this is a new apps icon feature but does not seem to work. Not too sure if there are other steps I need to do to get the "messages" to work. Please help.
Thks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

May i check how can I activate the message icon apps where i can use my ipad2 to whatsapps my friends please?
I realised that after the iOs 5 installation, this is a new apps icon feature but does not seem to work. Not too sure if there are other steps I need to do to get the "messages" to work. Please help.
Thks.

So my understanding is you are trying to send a message to a friend that has the same ios5 apple device as you, correct? If that is the case...this is what I did to send a message to a friend. Forgive me if this is not what you are asking, but I am sensing that you have not found your solution yet. In my situation, my friends contact information was not yet on my ipad. So I had to open the "Contact" app and add her name/ email address etc. Once I did that-I went back to the "Message" app and typed her name. It immediately recognized her name and autofilled it. I wrote my message and pressed sent.
Remember-your friends may have an iphone, ipad or ipod...but if they have not updated to ios5, than you will not be able to send them messages. I hope that helped you. :eek:

OP
F

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my understanding is you are trying to send a message to a friend that has the same ios5 apple device as you, correct? If that is the case...this is what I did to send a message to a friend. Forgive me if this is not what you are asking, but I am sensing that you have not found your solution yet. In my situation, my friends contact information was not yet on my ipad. So I had to open the "Contact" app and add her name/ email address etc. Once I did that-I went back to the "Message" app and typed her name. It immediately recognized her name and autofilled it. I wrote my message and pressed sent.
Remember-your friends may have an iphone, ipad or ipod...but if they have not updated to ios5, than you will not be able to send them messages. I hope that helped you. :eek:
Thank u for taking time to write such a detailed explanation. This message feature is the same as what apps function right? My impression is that this message feature is like sms, m i right?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank u for taking time to write such a detailed explanation. This message feature is the same as what apps function right? My impression is that this message feature is like sms, m i right?

Yes, it appears to be that way.

Most reactions